Dog Rescue Pages

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dog Rescue Pages

The forum where rescues in the UK can place their dogs that need new homes.

5 posters

Hello from Hatty and Izzy

Izzysmum

Hello from Hatty and Izzy Empty Hello from Hatty and Izzy

Post  Izzysmum Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 am

Hello, I'm Hatty, short for Harriet of course. I've always been known as Hatty, when Mother shouted Harriet I knew I was in trouble! I joined earlier but have only just plucked up the courage to post. Since Mother passed away early last year at the grand age of 97yrs I share my home with Izzy my little Heinz 57 girl. We're growing old gracefully together and although we can't walk far nowadays we potter down the lane twice a day, rain or shine. I don't have a cat but we are visited by Treacle, a neighbours cat who always seems to know when it's tea and cake time. She's a little naughty and chases the birds.

I may make mistakes, I'm new to forums so please bear with me but if I make an etiquette blunder let me know I wouldn't offend anyone for the world. I'm looking forward to reading the chat pages and getting to know you all.

Izzysmum
    NobblyBobbly
    NobblyBobbly

Hello from Hatty and Izzy Empty Re: Hello from Hatty and Izzy

Post  NobblyBobbly Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

Welcome to the mad house Hatty...lol

You cant go wrong on this site. Theres a nice bunch of gals here and im sure they will be saying hello to you in no time at all. I help out the Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Breed Rescue with fundraising, I make lots of craft bits and pieces, I also make dog beds.And im always on the look out for people who can knit, CAN YOU?? there I go again......

Im sure Sue (Yorkiegirl) will be along to say hi at some point she is the owner of the Yorkie Rescue....Watch her!! hidenseek Only joking.... lol! lol! Shes just as mad as the rest of us.
    This forum is nice but its not as busy as we would like, But it is quite a new one so its just word of mouth really, Your more than welcome to come and browse the Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Breed rescue, heres the link: http://yorkie-rescue.friendhood.net/forum.htm.

welcome 1

Hugs N Squishes

Mulan
    yvonne
    staff
    staff

Post  yvonne Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:44 pm

hello, Hatty and welcome 1
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    Rescue Representative
    Rescue Representative

Post  yorkiegirl Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi Hatty
    As others have said a warm welcome 1 .
    Watch that Mulan, before you know it you will be knitting dog coats & making Peg Bags lol! , she is a very 'Crafty' person, but an absolute angel who has really helped my rescue with all the fundraisng.
    If you have other doggy like minded friends get them to come here & join. This site is fairly new, but it is getting bigger from people spreading the word.
    Sorry that you lost your mum earlier this year, it must have been a trying time for you, but I am sure that Izzy helped you through it.
    Julie
    Julie
    staff
    staff

Post  Julie Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:16 pm

welcome 1 Hattie it's really Hands on Hips . I can assure you it would be hard to upset anyone on here we're very thick skinned lol! lol! We're friendly nutcases who all share the same passion--our pets, and I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we'd love to see some pictures of your beloved Izzy. Have a good look around and if you run into any problems just ask and we'll do all we can to help. HAVE FUN!!

Ju xx
    yvonne
    staff
    staff

Post  yvonne Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:43 pm

We're friendly nutcases
    speak for yourself, dear... I is sane and sensible I is...
    Izzysmum

Post  Izzysmum Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 pm

What a wonderful warm welcome from you all thank you, it will take me a while to remember who's who. The computer is a relative new 'friend' opening up a new world for me but it will take me a while to work out how to do things. Thank you also for your comments on Mother, it is lonely but having Izzy is helping me a lot. She's been with me almost two years now, a lady who lived at the end of the lane passed away and one of her family members was taking her to the vets to be put to sleep, she was only 13 and very friendly so I asked if I could have her. We hadn't had a dog for years but I'm so glad she's here now. I have to go out even if I don't feel like it and I have to make meals so she is caring for me just as much as I care for her.

As for helping with craft items I'm afraid I have no talents in that quarter at all, the last thing I knit was a dishcloth at school, and that was many moons ago. I enjoy reading though,listening to the radio and watching tv.

That's enough about me, I don't want to bore you all, how do I get to the other rescue, is it part of this one?

thank you
    Izzysmum
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    Rescue Representative
    Rescue Representative

Post  yorkiegirl Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Izzysmum wrote:What a wonderful warm welcome from you all thank you, it will take me a while to remember who's who. The computer is a relative new 'friend' opening up a new world for me but it will take me a while to work out how to do things. Thank you also for your comments on Mother, it is lonely but having Izzy is helping me a lot. She's been with me almost two years now, a lady who lived at the end of the lane passed away and one of her family members was taking her to the vets to be put to sleep, she was only 13 and very friendly so I asked if I could have her. We hadn't had a dog for years but I'm so glad she's here now. I have to go out even if I don't feel like it and I have to make meals so she is caring for me just as much as I care for her.

As for helping with craft items I'm afraid I have no talents in that quarter at all, the last thing I knit was a dishcloth at school, and that was many moons ago. I enjoy reading though,listening to the radio and watching tv.

That's enough about me, I don't want to bore you all, how do I get to the other rescue, is it part of this one?

thank you
    Izzysmum
    Hi Hatty
    No this is just a forum that was set up by a lovely lady wjo has many years of experience in rescue. She invited my rescue to join & I did. We rea hoping that it will grow into a big rescue community. But if you want to chat to lots of peeps you are most welcome to also join us at the Yorkie Madhouse
    If you click on this link HERE it will take you to my site.
    We are all animal minded peeps, no matter what breed/species.
    Izzysmum

Post  Izzysmum Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Oh I see, this is a new rescue site then, hopefully many more rescues will come along and join in. When my neighbours nephew was showing me how to use the internet I was amazed how many rescue sites came up when I typed the words into the search box. I've had a look at all the little ones posted in the top section, little Billy the Pug brought a huge smile to my face, he reminds me of an old uncle who refused to wear his false teeth and had trouble with his tongue when he nodded off. Not as big as Billys though.

I'll go along now and see if I can join the other site, it will be nice having a few to read through.

thank you
    Izzysmum

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm